A healthy and delicious shake that can be enjoyed during any time of a long summer day. As the dates are rich in proteins and vitamins, this shake not only gives us energy but also keeps us refreshed.
- 1 cup Dates
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence (optional)
- 4 scoops Ice cream
- 1/4 TBS Sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Whip Cream
- 1/4 cup Crushed Almonds
- Wash the dates and dry them. Each date have a hard pit in the center. so cut each date into two, pull out the pits and discard them.
- After removing pits, chop the dates a bit so the blender will blend them faster, more easily and evenly. (For excellent results soak the dates in warm milk for about 10 min)
- Add dates, milk and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on high speed until a smooth puree is formed.
- If you like the shake bit more sweet, you can add sugar at this point . I would prefer that you should enjoy the natural sweetness of dates.
- To make shake more tasty and creamy add ice cream in the shake. Ice cream is again optional. It should be used in very small amount so that it will not destroy the original flavor of dates.
- Beat whip cream in a bowl till it forms medium peaks. Refrigerate it for 5 minutes.
- Pour the shake in glasses. Garnish with a dollop of whip cream and crushed almonds on the top. Serve immediately and enjoy this healthy drink with your kids.
0 0 100 0