Cranberry sauce is a sauce or relish made out of cranberries and it tastes simply wonderful with cooked chicken. Cranberry chicken is a common dish in North America and United Kingdom.
- 6 Chicken breasts (4 pounds)
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/4 Tablespoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Black pepper
FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE
- ½ Pound Cranberries
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup (Orange, Strawberry or Raspberry) Juice or water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a pot add fresh or dried cranberries along with the juice, cloves and sugar. Place the pot over medium heat.
- Cook until the cranberries start to pop or wait around 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place the sauce in a bowl or container.
- Now put the chicken breast on a table and clean with a towel
- With the help of a sharp knife cut the chicken breast in thin slices.
- Season the chicken slices with salt. paprika and black pepper.
- In a 1-gallon zipper-lock food storage bag or topper with top add the seasoned chicken. Close the bag or topper with top, pressing out the air, and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- When waited at least 15 minutes, Place chicken with chopped onion and garlic in a single layer in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour cranberry sauce over chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes; remove foil, reduce temperature to 350°, and bake for 20 more minutes
- Serve with Potato Salad, boiled Green beans and fresh carrots or any vegetable of your choice. ENJOY!
0 0 100 0