Chili macaroni with cheese, tomatoes and beans is simply delicious. Spice it up with a perfect amount of chili flavor.
- 2 cups beans (any kind)
- 6 litre water
- 2 heads garlic
- 2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 onion (red or yellow)
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package pasta
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (1 pound)
- 2 cups cooked beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups shredded or grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large pot add the beans plus water.
- Add whole garlic, thyme and whole onion. Place it over medium heat and cook for 2 hours until the beans are tender Note: Add 1 1/2 glass of water after every 25 min
- Mean while in another pan add oil and place it over medium heat, Add garlic and onion. Stir fry for 1-2 min.
- Add ground beef and cook until the meat is browned, around 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, cooked beans, green pepper, chili powder and brown sugar to a pot and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through. It will take about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and stir until well combined. The cheese should melt into the mixture.
- Extra: Serve hot, garnish with sour cream and Fresh herbs (cilantro, green onion or spinach
0 0 100 0