Chinese food is fast growing in popularity across the globe thanks to its flavorful taste, nutritional benefits and balanced use of spices that caters to most what most of the people like. One more thing outstanding about this cuisine is the wonderful blend of vegetables with meat and chicken. Not only does that contribute wonderfully to your health but it also tastes amazingly refreshing. Chinese foods, most of them, do not require that much of cooking. You NEVER overcook anything
So if you are concerned about health, choose Chinese!
Chicken Chow Mein is a very popular chinese dish, easy to make at home too. This ever popular Chinese dish is a wonderful combination of tender chicken strips, crunchy vegetables and stir fry noodles. Chicken chow mein is a popular meal which can be enjoyed by the whole family.
It is actually very simple to make. All you have to do is to boil the noodles and then stir fry them. Stir fry chicken adding spices and cornflour. Add stir fried vegetables and toss with fried noodles. That is it really. The full recipe is as below.
We suggest. for a change, you can use mushrooms and turkey instead of carrots and chicken. However if you follow this recipe of ours, your family would love it! There is nothing much to it really, just try the recipe and do let us know what you think. Happy Cooking!
- 1 pack Noodles (boiled)
- 250gm Chicken (cut into strips)
- 4 tbsp Oil for frying noodles
- 1 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper powder
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Green Capsicum (cut into 2 inch strips)
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (finely sliced)
- 2 Green Onion (chopped)
- 2tbsp corn flour
- 2 carrots (cut into 2 inch strips)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Chicken Chow Mein is a quick fix dish. When you have little time to cook and the guests are on their way, try this super easy recipe and you will never regret it. Here we go. Heat some oil in a large pan. Fry noodles on medium heat in batches for 2-3 minutes. Transfer them to a plate.
- Take another pan and add 4 tbsp oil. Stir fry onion and chopped garlic for 2 minutes
- Now add chicken strips and stir fry for 5-6 min until cooked. Mean while mix cornflour in chicken stock and set aside.
- Add salt, sugar, crushed black pepper, white pepper powder and soy sauce. Mix well and cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- With continuous stirring add corn flour mixture slowly to the pan and cook briefly for 2 min.
- Add green capsicum, cabbage, carrots and spring onion along with fried noodles and toss on high flame for 1 to 2 min.
- Transfer chicken chow mein to a serving plate and serve with chili sauce. ENJOY!