If you cant wait until your next meal, beat the urge of hunger with this chicken and cheese pita wrap. They make light and healthy snack at the tea time and make a delicious creamy lunch box for kids too.
- 2 large oval pitta breads
- 200 gm Chicken boneless chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic crushed
- 4 tablespoons soft cheese
- 4 tablespoons Cheddar cheese grated
- Tomato slices/cubes as much as you like
- Cucumber slices/cubes as much as you like
- As desired fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon powder black pepper powder
Boil chicken in 1/2 cup of water along with the crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
Take out the boiled chicken and let it cool.
Warm the pitta breads on each side, on a medium heat or toast in a toaster for about 20 seconds. (This is to make pitta bread easier to open)
Cut each bread in half ways so as to make their pockets.
Spread soft cheese, with the spoon, equally in each pocket and sprinkle some cheddar cheese over it.
Push in boiled cooked chicken chunks with tomato and cucumber cubes equally in all the pita pockets and season them with salt and pepper.(Add some parsley for its unique taste and aroma)
Put the pitta pockets in the toaster with open-side up, and toast until the cheese is melted and they are golden and crispy.
Take them out and serve hot and crispy.