Carrot ginger soup is a simple but wonderful combination of carrots with ginger and milk. Its perfect to have it with dinner food. So this winter do not forget to try this creamy soup.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock/water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fat free evaporated milk/coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted cashews (optional)
Heat oil in a dutch oven and add onion. Cook until onion turn soft and translucent.
Now add carrots, garlic, ginger salt and black pepper. Mix well and stir for 5 min.
Add broth and bring to boil. When it starts boiling reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 min until carrots are tender.
Blend it with an immersion blender. Add milk and cook for 5 more min. Before turning off the heat stir in the white pepper. Top with cashews and serve.