Caribbean black bean soup is easy to make and is fantastic enough to serve as a side dish or as a starter at dinner party. Perfect for wintery evenings.
- 2 cups black beans ( soaked in water for at least 6 hours)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegeetable broth/ chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 lime (for garnishing)
- 2 tablespoons cream (for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, cumin, garlic, oregano, jalpenos and fry for 2-3 min on medium heat. Stir in tomato paste.
- Now transfer this mixture to slow cooker and add beans, salt, black pepper and vegetable broth. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours.
- Add carrots and again cook for 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- To make the soup smooth use the blender and blend it. If using elctric blender blend only half of the soup and make sure not to overfill the blender.
- After blending it transfer it back to the pot. Add lemon juice, cilantro and adjust the seasoning according to your taste
- Before serving garnish it with cream and fresh lime
0 0 100 0