Braised chicken in tomato sauce tastes great with pasta or mashed potatoes. This is an incredible delicious meal which consists of simple ingredients like garlic, onion, tomatoes and chicken broth.
The leftovers of this braised chicken with juicy flavor of tomato sauce can be used for the lunch too.
- 2 Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tomato (cut in small cubes)
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Basil
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/3 cup olives (optional)
- In a medium bowl season chicken breasts with garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Take a large pan add olive oil. Place the pan over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5 to 8 minutes until its brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken from the pan and place it on the platter.
- In the same pan add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes. Now add tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and apple cider vinegar. When the sauce starts boiling reduce the heat to medium low.
- Finally add chicken, dried basil, dried rosemary, dried oregano and remaining salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes. Now remove the lid and again cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often until chicken breasts are fully cooked.
- Taste the sauce and adjust salt and black pepper according to taste Note: Add water or chicken broth if the sauce is too dry and if the sauce is thin remove the chicken breasts and increase the heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Before turning off the heat stir in olives and cook for 1 to 2 min.
- Serve braised chicken with rice or pasta and ENJOY!