One of the traditional Sichuan dish is boiled fish with pickled cabbage. Despite this dish is very popular in restaurants, it is really easy to make so do not hesitate try this simple recipe at your home.
- 800 g grass carp
- 350 g pickled cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6-8 red peppers
- 1 tablespoon starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs white
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the fish meat in slices. Put the slices in a bowl. Add salt, vinegar, starch and egg white. Mix them together and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 30 sec until fragrant.
- Add the sliced pickled cabbage and red pepper. Continue stir frying for at least 4-5 min
- Add water so that everything in the wok is fully covered with water. Simmer for 12-15 min. When it starts boiling add fish slices and sugar. Cook for 5-6 min or until the meat turns white.
- Flavor with salt, black pepper and vegetable oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!
0 0 100 0