BBQ chicken tikka pieces are always lovable and one of the most important dish of any gathering. It is healthy and simple to make which can also be served as a great side dish to any of your meal.
These tiny pieces of meat are first marinated in the spice mixture and are then cooked in tandoor or on a grill pan.
- 500g Chicken Boneless(cut into 2 inch cubes)
- 4 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garlic(minced)
- 1 tsp Ginger(minced)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Chili (optional)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted and Crushed Cumin
- Oil for brushing
- Lettuce Leaves for garnishing
- Tomato slices for garnishing
- In a large bowl add yogurt, lemon juice, ginger garlic minced, salt, red chili powder, crushed red chili, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and roasted crushed cumin.
- Add chicken cubes in the mixture and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill pan on medium or preheat a charcoal grill.
- Thread chicken cubes on metal skewers and do not forget to leave space at both the ends. NOTE: if using wooden skewers soak in water for 10 minutes before threading chicken on it.
- Place prepared skewers on preheated grill on medium for 8 to 10 minutes until chicken is tender. NOTE: turn the skewers 2 to 3 times so that the chicken is cooked from all sides and also brush the cubes with oil.
- Remove skewers from grill.
- Place Chicken Tikka on a platter, garnish with lettuce and tomatoes and serve with mint chutney.