Another recipe of biryani/Spicy Rice from its very wide range is Barbecue Chicken Rice /tikka biryani. Rice combined with tikka flavor and aroma, taste out of this world.
- 1 kg Rice
- 1 - 1.25 kg Chicken
- 1/2 kg Yogurt
- 1 packet Chicken tikka masala
- 2 TBS Garlic crushed
- 1 TBS Ginger
- 1 TBS Turmeric powder
- 1 TBS Cumin seeds
- 1 TBS Coriander crushed
- Salt add to taste
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Oil for frying
- Tomatoes julian cut
- Onion round cut and halved from centre
- Fresh parsley cut as desired
- 3 Boiled eggs cut in slices
- 1 Bread slice
- 1 piece Coal
- Marinate chicken with yogurt, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, salt and tikka masala. Over night marination is best, but at least marinate for 3 – 4 hours.
- Now take out the chicken from the marination and deep fry them like a roasted chicken.
- When chicken pieces are roasted, put them in marination again add oil and cook over medium flame, stirring occasionally till chicken is tender and cooked and all marination is fried. Add cumin seeds, coriander, fresh parsley.
- Start burning coal on a flame so its completely burnt till its need.
- Boil rice in salted water and drain when they are 95% done.
- Now in another cooking pan, layer rice with chicken gravy, onion, tomato and boiled eggs slices. Continue layering till all done.
- At the top, place bread slice with burning coal on it, pour bit oil on this burning coal and immediately cover the pan air tight. Cook over very low flame for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with mint yogurt sauce and fresh mixed salad.
0 0 100 0