Banana pudding: A perfect American dessert with a perfect combination of bananas, wafers and sweet vanilla custard topped with whipped cream.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces vanilla wafers
- whipped cream, for garnishing
- banana slices, for garnishing
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract/maple syrup
- In a bowl add sugar, flour and salt. Mix well
- Now slowly add milk and mix until smooth.
- Take two pans where one will fit into the other. Add 2-3 cups of water in big pan. Also place a metal ring in the middle of the bigger pan. Place it over medium heat.
- Pour the flour mixture into the small pan
- When water starts boiling place the small pan over the metal ring and cook until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the flour mixture from the heat and transfer it to the large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk egg yolks along with 1/2 cup of flour mixture.
- Now pour the egg mixture to the small pan and stir in vanilla extract and butter. Cook until the mixture thickens.
- In dessert glasses alternatively make layers of wafers, sliced bananas along with some of the pudding.
- Top with whipped cream. Garnish with banana slices and serve cold. ENJOY!
0 0 100 0