How to make baked polenta fries?
A wonderful combination of polenta and cheese when baked gives you the best fat free crispy golden fries.
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup Polenta
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add milk, vegetable stock and bring it to boil. When it starts boiling stir in salt and gradually add polenta. (Note: Use a large pot, because polenta pops up when it boils)
- Mix well until smooth. Reduce the heat and cook until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cheese and mix well until combined.
- Grease a rectangular tray and add polenta mixture. Spread it out using spatula. When it cools down refrigerate it for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut out finger chip shapes in the polenta and placed on the tray lined with the parchment baking sheet. With the help of the brush, brush all the chips with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 min turning the pieces after 15 min. Remove from oven when they are golden and crispy. Season with black pepper. Serve hot with ketchup and ENJOY!!
0 0 100 0