Brinjals or egg plants as they are known in some countries, have a very distinguished taste and colour. Usually these are roasted on low heat or baked as they they soften up nicely and quickly.
- One cup Boiled, mashed Potatoes
- 2 small Onions
- 1 small bunch Corriander
- A pinch Salt
- Long shaped ones, 4 Brinjal
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- To taste Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Boil the potatoes and mash them. Cut onions in small square cubes and add to the potatoes.Add coriander and a bit of salt to it. Mix well with hands.
- Cut the brinjal slices, longitudinally, and fry them. Take a dish and place the fried brinjal slices in it. Now drip some sweet and sour sauce on it.
- Take spoonful of potato mixture and cover a brinjal with it. Repeat the process for all brinjals. Again place a brinjal slice and pour some sweet and sour sauce on it followed by a layer of potato mixture. Make a third layer of brinjal slices and sweet and sour sauce and then put some grated cheese on top.
Glaze a baking tray and place these yummy veggies inside. Bake for fifteen minutes and serve.