Alfredo pasta sauce comes from Rome, and it’s a blended combination of butter, parmesan cheese and heavy cream. It is available in stores, but you can make it fresh at home with your daily use ingredients, as it tastes more yummy if made fresh.
- 4 TBS Butter
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 4 TBS Parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- Salt 1/2 tsp or more if needed
- In a non stick pan, melt butter over low heat and add garlic to it, while constantly stirring for about 2 minutes, till garlic color changes to light brown. Do not let your garlic burn.
- Add cream cheese, while stirring constantly with a whisk. at start the mixture will get curdled, but soon it will be smooth like paste after constant stirring for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add milk, slowly and gradually in small quantity at a time, while constantly stirring, until each addition is incorporated fully into the sauce.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted. Add black pepper salt and fresh parsley. Cook for few more minutes if you want your sauce bit thicker, or remove right after the cheese melt, if you get the desired thickness.
- If it’s over cooked,thin with milk till you get the desired consistency.
Toss with hot pasta or noodles to serve.
Beside pasta, use the sauce to cover a pizza crust or to make a white pizza.
It may be served with shrimps or meat balls.
Or over the vegetables and potatoes.