Pad Thai Noodles: Why spend time and money at a Thai restaurant when you can cook something simple and just as tasty, at home.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound rice noodles, well cooked and soaked in cold water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup ground roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-2 lime, cut into 1 inch length
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh shrimp
Heat some oil in a wok and add shallot to it. Stir fry until they turn golden brown.
Add chicken, shrimp and garlic to this pan and fry until the chicken is fully cooked and shrimp turns pink in color. You can check that by taking out a piece of chicken and press it between your fingers. If it is tender enough, its cooked.
Push mixture to the side, add eggs . Stir fry until eggs are scrambled
Add light soy sauce,dark soy sauce,vinegar,fish sauce,black pepper,sugar and rice noodles.
Use chopsticks to mix the noodles and mixture together,otherwise use spatula to lift and flip the noodles so that noodles wont break.
Turn off the heat and top with green onion.
Divide the noodles between 6 serving plates, serve with roasted peanuts and enjoy mouth watering pad Thai noodles.